Approximate time to complete this lesson: 5 minutes.
Lesson 1.2 Video
Begin Lesson 1.2 by watching this video (1 minute, 33 seconds)
Review of Lesson 1.2
- After the electrical systems have been tested and the engine turned off, the battery must be removed and placed in a mandatory used battery catchment tray.
- Store any reusable batteries in a proper location.
- Check the manual for the location of the battery if not found under the hood.
Use battery clamps if necessary.
- It is mandatory to store used batteries in a catchment tray. The tray must be watertight and resistant to acid runoff.
Health & Safety:
- Risks include accidental contact of battery acid on skin.
- See First Aid.
- Refer to WHMIS and MSDS.
- In the case of accidental spillage, neutralize the acid immediately. Ensure a Spill Kit is readily available.
- The battery must be secured in a covered area because it is harmful to the environment.
The next lesson (topic) is Mercury Switches