Approximate time to complete this lesson: 10 minutes.
Lesson 4.2 Video
To begin Lesson 4.2, watch this video (1 minutes, 59 seconds).
Review of Lesson 4.2
- Anything mechanical needs to be plugged and sealed before storage.
- Avoid getting water in engines when cleaning.
- Engines and transmission need to be properly secured in storage.
- Make sure the correct tag goes with the correct part.
- Delicate parts should be stored with other delicate parts.
- Body panels should always be stored with care.
- Parts should be stored in a safe manner without overhang.
- Always clean and inspect part before shipping.
- Remove minor surface rust before shipping.
- Each company will have different cleaning procedures. These guidelines are for general information purposes.
- Always clean mechanical parts in an environment safe contentment area.
- Parts must be thoroughly cleaned by removing excessive oil, grease, and dirt.
- Wash doors and body parts as you would when washing your own vehicle.
- Any parts pulled that remain in the vehicle must be identified with a stock number.
The next lesson (topic) is Shipping