Approximate time to complete this lesson: 10 minutes.
Lesson 1.6 Video
Begin Lesson 1.6 by watching this video (1 minute, 39 seconds)
Review of Lesson 1.6
- Cut out or unbolt catalytic converter, pre-catalytic converter and exhaust system.
- Place in the appropriate bin.
- Location of the catalytic converters will vary with vehicles as will the type of removal tool required.
- The flanges should not be twisted or damaged.
- Specialty tools: reciprocating saw, torch-grinder, cat-cutters.
Health & Safety:
- Have an ABC extinguisher nearby.
- Ensure compliance with all other health and safety regulations.
- Standard Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) applies.
The next lesson (topic) is Tires and Lead Wheel Weights