Approximate time to complete this lesson: 5 minutes
Lesson 1.7 Video
Begin Lesson 1.7 by watching this video (1 minute, 40 seconds)
Review of Lesson 1.7
- Lubricate wheel nuts.
- Remove the wheel nuts.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove lead weights and place them in an approved container marked “Lead”.
- Collect the pressure sensors, if applicable.
- Deflate and remove the tires.
- Tires for re-sale should not have excessive wear, distortions, cuts, or cracks.
- Rims should not be dented or have excessive damage or rust.
- The finishing on Alloy Wheels must not be in poor condition or chipped.
- Any damage should be noted on the work order.
- Special tools: Tire changing machine, Tire lever.
Health & Safety:
- Lead is harmful to the environment. Tire weights must be disposed of in an approved container.
- Risks include back strains and risk of injury from tire lever slipping.
Next up is Section 2: Body Parts and Interior