Approximate time to complete this lesson: 10 minutes.
Lesson 2.2 Video
To begin Lesson 2.2, watch this video (2 minutes, 33 seconds)
Review of Lesson 2.2
- Unbolt Steering column covers.
- Disconnect the wire harness but do not cut these wires.
- Unbolt the lower steering shaft.
- Unbolt the center shaft. The column will drop down.
- Remove steering wheel and column as one unit.Optional Procedures if not sold as an assembly:
- Place assemble on work bench. Undo the main bolt while holding steering wheel.
- Place bolt on end of shaft until flush.
- Tap bolt with hammer to disconnect steering wheel and column.
- The column must be complete with accessories.
- Plastic coverings must be in good condition.
- Lever for turn signals and headlights should not be broken or damaged.
- Hazard warning buttons should not be damaged.
- Notate any damage on the work order.
- It is important to use the nut on the end of the shaft while hitting the shaft in order to prevent damage to the threads.
- Basic tools are required.
Health & Safety:
- Standard PPE applies.
- Risks include awkward position under the dashboard, cuts to hands in tight spaces.
The next lesson (topic) is Interior, Seats and Carpets