Approximate time to complete this lesson: 10 minutes.
Lesson 2.7 Video
To begin Lesson 2.7, watch this video (1 minutes, 58 seconds)
Review of Lesson 2.7
- Loosen all bolts holding the door to vehicle.
- Follow wire harness to the inner structure of vehicle in order to unplug.
- Remove all but one bolt at the top hinge.
- Have a second person hold the door in place while the last bolt is removed then lower the door to the ground together.
- Use a hand cart or dolly to move door to delivery area or parts dismantle bench.
- Mark stock number on these parts.
- Some vehicles will require the front fender be removed for access to the bolt for the front door.
- Front and rear door removal are the same procedure.
- Do not cut wires unless instructed by management.
- Standard tools required.
Health & Safety:
- Standard PPE applies.
The next lesson (topic) is Rear Body Parts