Approximate time to complete this lesson: 15 minutes.
Lesson 2.9 Video
To begin Lesson 2.9, watch this video (3 minutes, 29 seconds)
Review of Lesson 2.9
- Unbolt the hood.
- Disconnect and remove headlamps and park lamps.
- Remove the grill.
- Unbolt bumper assembly.
- Unbolt header panel assembly.
- Unbolt hood hinges at top of fenders.
- Unbolt fenders.
- Disconnect antenna.
- Put stock number on all parts.
- Place unneeded parts safely in vehicle and take required parts from the work order to the cleaning and delivery area.
- Give the completed work order to sale staff or supervisor.
- You must remove and drain the radiator and condenser before removing the front-end.
- Place all resell able parts in a safe area.
- Be sure to keep all nuts, bolts, and clips for parts removed. Body shop staff will need these for attaching and it will keep your work area clean.
- On some vehicles, the header panel can be removed with the headlamps and grill intact.
- Record any damage on the work order:(E.g. if the bottom of the bumper has damage any damage that is not clearly visible and may have been missed).
- Some bumpers may have 4 or more components: rebar, cushion, absorbers, and covers.
- Always look for hidden bolts and clips when removing fenders.
- Rad supports may be bolted or need to be cut using a saw. See management for protocol.
- Always get help when removing heavy body panels.
Health & Safety:
- PPE: steel-toed boots, safety glasses, gloves, high visibility vest.
Next up is Section 3: Mechanical Parts