Approximate time to complete this lesson: 15 minutes.
Lesson 3.5 Video
To begin Lesson 3.5, watch this video (2 minutes, 42 seconds).
Review of Lesson 3.5
- Remove the starter.
- Mark stock number on all parts.
- Undo torque converter bolts.
- Disconnect transmission from engine.
- Place torque converter upside down on a drain bench as this unit takes a long time to drain.
- Remove transmission oil pan. Let transmission finish draining.
- Remove the power steering pump.
- Turn upside down to drain.
- Remove air conditioning pump.
- Plug inlet lines of air conditioning pump.
- Remove the alternator.
- Mark the stock number on all parts.
- Stock numbers must be marked on all parts.
- Tag parts “if supplied”.
- Mark “NO OIL” on engine, transmission, torque converter, power steering pump.
- Check oil pan for clutch shavings or burnt oil.
- Supervisor should be consulted before determining if sold as a core or a salable unit.
- Basic tools required.
Health & Safety:
- Standard PPE applies.
The next lesson (topic) is Steering Gear Removal