Approximate time to complete this lesson: 10 minutes.
Lesson 3.8 Video
To begin Lesson 3.8, watch this video (1 minute, 59 seconds).
Review of Lesson 3.8
- Lubricate wheel nuts.
- Remove wheel.
- Disconnect ABS wire. Do not cut wire.
- Place catchment tray under assembly for any leaks.
- Unbolt the brake caliper and tie-up out of the way or remove the rubber brake line and place caliper in catchment.
- Undo stabilizer bar bolt and remove.
- Place coil spring clamp on assembly and tighten until pressure is released between upper and lower control arms.
- Unbolt lower control arm bolts.
- Unbolt upper control arm bolts.
- Mark stock numbers on all parts removed.
- See tire removal procedures (Lesson 1.7)
- Basic tools required, coil spring clamp.
Health & Safety:
- Standard PPE applies.
- Projection risk if the part falls to the ground.
- Heavy item – get assistance if required.
The next lesson (topic) is Brake Booster and Master Cylinder