Approximate time to complete this lesson: 10 minutes.
Lesson 3.9 Video
To begin Lesson 3.9, watch this video (2 minutes, 34 seconds).
Review of Lesson 3.9
- Pump brake pedal 20-30 times in order to discharge the ABS system.
- Disconnect any sensors or wires attached to master cylinder. Do not cut any wires.
- Disconnect all brake lines from master cylinder.
- Disconnect the brake pedal from brake booster located under the dash.
- Unbolt four bolts under dash located by brake pedal holding the booster in place.
- Slide the assembly from the fire wall.
- Take the assembly to the dismantle bench in order to remove the master cylinder from the booster.
- ABS modules can be removed in the same manner depending on the vehicle: see model information.
- This may not be a requirement for some later model vehicles. If you are unsure, it is recommended that you do so regardless.
- Place a catchment tray under the part to collect any residual oil.
- Check work order to see if this comes in an assembly or individual pieces.
- Basic tools required.
Health & Safety:
- Standard PPE applies.
– Risk of cuts
– Awkward position under the dash
The next lesson (topic) is Brake Rotors