Approximate time to complete this lesson: 10 minutes.
Lesson 4.1 Video
To begin Lesson 4.1, watch this video (2 minutes, 10 seconds).
Review of Lesson 4.1
- Pick up the work order from the assigned area.
- Confirm the information on the work order.
- Complete the work order as required.
- Mark all changes you have made to the vehicle on the work order.
- Mark stock numbers on all parts removed from the vehicle.
- Clean the area that you have just worked in.
- Work order will let you know if in town or out of town shipping.
- Place the cleaned part in shipping area as required.
- Return completed work order to completed bin or sales staff assigned.
- Work orders are the key communication link between managers, sale staff, dismantlers, and inventory control.
- Confirm that the vehicle part and condition match the work order.
- All small parts that cannot be written on can be placed back in the car. Mark this information on the work order.
- All parts must be clean.
- Out of town parts must be wrapped or placed on a pallet and strapped down.
- See parts shipping procedures (Lesson 4.3, later in this section).
The next lesson (topic) is Parts Cleaning & Storage