Approximate time to complete this lesson: 10 minutes.
Lesson 4.3 Video
To begin Lesson 4.3, watch this video (1 minutes, 58 seconds).
Review of Lesson 4.3
- All parts being shipped out of town must be wrapped or placed on a pallet.
- Small parts like engine control modules should be placed in a box with filler paper or bubble wrap, to protect them from damage.
- Glass should be wrapped and secured in cardboard with stickers place on it marked: Fragile, Top, Load, or Glass.
- Doors and quarter panels will need to be crated or placed on a pallet.
- Rear clips, front clips, and truck boxes are to be placed on a pallet.
- All packages must have a shipping order with the company information to which it is being shipped clearly marked on it.
- Each part will be wrapped securely for shipping quality.
- Parts should be properly cleaned before wrapping.
- Minor surface rust should be removed.
- Parts should be prepped for customer.
- Shipper must confirm that the part and quality matches the description on
- Have the shipper inform the sales person when part is ready to be shipped.
- Tools supplies: wire, tape, shrink wrap, labels, felt pen, cardboard, etc.
The next lesson (topic) is Vehicle Sectioning